Many thanks to the informative Farha always looking out for our safety and it was such an enjoyable ride visiting heritage buildings, streets as well as the beauty of the sarawak river around Kuching. Very much recommended for a family who enjoys a bike ride as it is not too intense, relatively relaxing for family who are used to exercising.
Discover Hidden Temples & Monuments
Ride on a Traditional Sampan Boat
Sample Local Street Food
Explore Kuching’s heritage by both bicycle and boat on a Sarawak River cruise during this unique Kuching day tour. Immerse yourself in Sarawak culture by learning about its people as you cycle along designated paths both through Kuching and rural ‘kampongs’ (villages). Cruise across the river on a traditional ‘sampan’ boat and finish your tour by sampling traditional Sarawak street food.
Discover temples and monuments in Kuching’s heritage zone.
Explore rural kampongs and cycle along country paths.
Learn about the heritage of Sarawak and its people.
Cruise across the Sarawak River on a traditional sampan boat.
Sample authentic Sarawak street food and drinks.
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
- Adult (12 +): MYR 170.00
- Child (aged 7-11): MYR 85.00
- Young Child (aged 0- 6): MYR 43.00
Paradesa Borneo office
Year-round: Monday to Sunday
- Local English-speaking guide
- Bike and helmet
- Boat fees
- Food samples and a refreshment
- Rain ponchos are provided in the event of rain
- A great time!
Transportation from the hotel to the starting point
What to Bring
- Extra cash for additional street food and drinks, local souvenirs, and personal shopping
- Insect repellent, sunscreen, a towel, antiseptic, a change of clothes, and a plastic bag to keep electronics dry
- Wear light, comfortable shoes and clothes
About Your Guide
- Our passionate, local English-speaking tour leaders take great pride in their heritage (as well as their own personal stories) and are experts on Borneo’s history, culture, and natural wonders
- One guide will serve up to a maximum of 8 guests
What You'll Do
Dive into Sarawak culture as you witness the early morning rush to work, breakfast, or prayer. Discover our temples and monuments hidden down the historic lanes inside the heritage zone before we guide you through off-the-beaten-track country paths in the rural kampongs and open our senses to the characteristic smell of fish that lingers in the air. You will experience first hand how people of different religions and races in Sarawak have lived in harmony, side by side for generations!
A relaxing cruise across the impressive Sarawak River on a traditional sampan boat will give you a taste of how Kuchingnite commute every day across the two halves of the city.
On top of it all, you will indulge in a wide variety of popular authentic Sarawak local street food, drinks, and desserts! We’ll try to limit the food so that you will be able to ride back!
Experience an authentic Sarawak by bicycle, you will go home with both your mind and soul enriched, and your stomach fulfilled!
Good to Know
- Reservations are recommended to avoid disappointment.
- No helmet, no ride.
- Rain or shine we always ride.
- We include a pre-tour safety briefing and mandatory equipment checks.
- A selection of good quality kids’ bikes of various sizes, baby seats (rear-mounted for above 9 months old), and child bike trailers are available.
- We recommend guests bring your own refillable water bottles and avoid using one-off plastic water bottles.
- During our tours, we recycle wherever possible, and try to keep our waste as low as possible. We discourage the use of plastic bags, and suggest that you bring your own dry bag or small waterproof backpack.
- Check out Our Responsible Tourism Commitment(opens in a new tab)
See What Our Guests Are Saying
This tour is a great way to get to know Kuching in just a morning. My guide Farhah grew up here and eloquently described the local history, food, and additional sites to see. The tour of the market was outstanding – I must have taken 20 pictures of all the food, and tried a half dozen of them. This tour gave me the info to explore more of the city. We started at the waterfront, rode through the historical district, Little India, Little China, the 6 villages south of the river, the market, and the north waterfront. Yet we never rushed, and Farhah always had time to describe everything from a local perspective.
We had a very informative and valuable experience of kuching’s history,culture and food through this very enjoyable cycling trip. Kelvin lu was an excellent guide just the right balance of information and hands on food tasting. Great re health and safety too. A great way to get explore Kuching and it’s local environment.
Did the half day heritage bike ride around Kuching & had a wonderful time. Ride was very easy. I felt very safe. I was fortunate to be the only person on the tour so I had exclusive attention from my guide. I definitely saw areas of Kuching that I would not have seen on foot. The markets were great fun & very educational as I was able to ask questions about all sorts of products. We came back on one of the little ferry boats across the river which was fun. My bike was top quality & in good condition with a comfy saddle. Water was provided, along with a helmet. Happy to recommend.
Delilah was an amazing guide. She is so friendly and easy to talk to. We had a great afternoon learning about Kuching and Malaysia in general. The bike tour was a nice length and moved a a comfortable pace. Delilah took us to great places to stop for snacks, drinks and food. I can’t recommend her enough!