The sunset bike tour which is a really nice experience visiting the villages around Kuching and see the local life! A really nice tourgide (Farah) who lives in one of the villages and can tell you a lot!
Sunset Kampong Tour With Hawker Food
Watch the Sun Set Over the Sarawak River
Ride Past Traditional Malay Kampongs
Tuck into a Traditional Street Hawker Dinner
Explore both the northern and southern banks of the Sarawak River on this unique, half-day Kuching tour. Learn about Sarawak culture with a visit to a traditional Malay kampong (villages), meet the villagers, and see typical wooden stilt houses. Watch the sun set over the Sarawak River as you cross the river on a sampan boat to land for a scrumptious traditional hawker street dinner.
Visit a traditional Malay kampong and meet the people who live there.
Experience the evening atmosphere as locals go about their daily routine before sunset.
See wooden stilt houses typical of the Malay community along the river banks.
Enjoy a magical sunset on a Sarawak River cruise in a sampan boat.
Indulge in a local hawker-style dinner after the ride and sunset boat crossing.
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
- Adult (12+): MYR 180.00
- Children (3-11): MYR 90.00
- Young children (1-6): MYR 45.00
Paradesa Borneo office
Year-round: Monday to Sunday
- Local English-speaking guide
- Bike and helmet
- Boat fees
- Street hawker dinner
- Food and beverages
- Rain ponchos are provided in the event of rain
- A great time!
Transportation from the hotel to the starting point
What to Bring
- Extra cash for additional street food and drinks, local souvenirs, and personal shopping
- Insect repellent, sunscreen, a towel, antiseptic, a change of clothes, and a plastic bag to keep electronics dry
- Wear light, comfortable shoes and clothes
About Your Guide
- Our passionate, local English-speaking tour leaders take great pride in their heritage (as well as their own personal stories) and are experts on Borneo’s history, culture, and natural wonders
- One guide will serve up to a maximum of 8 guests
What You'll Do
Experience first hand how the kampong folks live by visiting traditional Malay kampongs to meet playful children after school, adults winding down after a long day, and folks waiting in line for stalls selling dinner.
The final stop on this cultural tour of Kuching is a wooden stilt house by the jetty. Take a relaxing river sampan crossing back to the other side of the river and enjoy a great view of the sunset over Astana, DUN Building, and the Mosque. After the ride and boat crossing, get ready for a hawker street dinner where you get to experience the delightful flavours as locals around you tuck into their much-loved dose of comfort food.
Good to Know
- Reservations are recommended to avoid disappointment
- No helmet, no ride
- Rain or shine we always ride
- We include a pre-tour safety briefing and mandatory equipment checks
- A selection of good quality kids’ bikes of various sizes, baby seats (rear-mounted for above 9 months old), and child bike trailers are available
- We recommend guests bring your own refillable water bottles and avoid using one-off plastic water bottles.
- During our tours, we recycle wherever possible, and try to keep our waste as low as possible. We discourage the use of plastic bags, and suggest that you bring your own dry bag or small waterproof backpack.
- Check out Our Responsible Tourism Commitment(opens in a new tab)
See What Our Guests Are Saying
The cycling tour took us to places the average tourist would not have visit. The scenery was spectacular and the visits to the Kampung were fun and interesting. The dinner was good too! Our guide Farrah was professional, friendly, knowledgeable and had a real passion for the heritage and culture of Kuching. We felt well cared for and in safe hands. Highly recommend as a must do while in Kuching.
Great experience with Paradesa Borneo, great bikes and highly professional tour to recommend for anyone looking for a gentle bicycle ride around Kuching during golden hour. Our guide Delilah was very friendly, and careful about our security, always adapting to our pace and needs. We did few stops on the way to enjoy the scenery and peaceful atmosphere in local villages we past through. This tour is the perfect addition to a classic city tour in Kuching, to discover the out-of-the-beaten tracks in the outskirts of the city, while cycling around the river. Highly recommended!