The whole trip was very well organised and we enjoyed every minute of it. We are very grateful for all your help and we will recommend “Responsible Travel ” to our relatives and friends.
2-Day Bako National Park
Small-group Borneo Tour
See Borneo’s Incredible Wildlife
2 Days, 1 Night
The best of a Borneo Wildlife National Park
Spend two days and 1 night exploring the Bako National Park and experience its incredible diversity and the enormous variety of local wildlife. From proboscis monkeys to exotic birds and plants, Bako Park is famed for being the oldest National Park in Sarawak and it’s relatively easy access provides a golden opportunity to discover and explore Sarawakian rainforests and wildlife.
Witness the amazing wildlife and nature in Sarawak's oldest national park
An overnight stay at the National Park’s jungle cabins and chalets
Tour includes 2 local lunches, 1 breakfast and 1 dinner which is served at the national park canteen
Take a night walk to experience the evening jungle sounds and to catch sight of breathtaking night creatures
Wake up to the sound of the jungle and the ocean waves
Spectacular sunset view over Mount Santubong
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
Adults (13 +): MYR 785.00
Children (3-12): MYR 393.00
Please note: Exact timing may differ depending on the tidal conditions. If there is any time change, your guide will inform you at least 1 day prior to the tour.
Hotel/hostel pick up
7 days a week, year-round.
Please note: between November and March, some days may be affected by the monsoon season which makes the boat trip unsafe. The trip would then be canceled and the tour refunded.
2 days, one night
Minimum 2 adults per order, maximum 8 adults
Single traveller can contact us via email/whatsapp to check availability to join in existing group
- Land and sea transport
- Local English speaking National Park guide
- A good time
- Juices and alcoholic beverages
- Government Tourism Tax of RM 10 per room payable at park check-in
- Travel insurance
What to Bring
- Overnight bag with multiple sets of spare casual clothing, including long trousers and shorts
- Wear light comfortable clothes that dry easily
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sandals or pair of flip flops
- Personal care: small towel, toiletries, personal medication, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, extra tissues or toilet paper
- Torch for the night walk (if you have them), raincoat or poncho, plastic bag to keep phone/cameras dry
- Sun hat/cap and sunglasses
- Extra snacks and drinks for the trekking
- Passport (Original/photocopy)
About Your Guide
Our national park guides are local and are well trained, friendly professionals who give simple safety instructions. They will also share their remarkable knowledge of the local diversity of the animals and plants so that you will have plenty of information about your journey in this beautiful natural area, and at the same time ensure safety and that you have great FUN in the wild! One passionate local English speaking guide will serve up to a maximum of 8 guests.
What You'll Do
We start our 2-day Borneo tour with a pick up from your hostel/hotel and drive 40 minutes to the scenic jetty of Kampong Bako. From the jetty, the national park guide will prepare the boat and lifejackets before we take a 25-minute boat ride to the National Park’s headquarters situated on the Bako peninsula.
After arriving at the park, we check into the chalet and immediately embark on the first trek on this trip. Bako is one of the best places in Sarawak to see wildlife in natural surroundings, including Borneo’s signature long-nose proboscis monkeys, long-tailed macaques, wild boars (bearded pig), snakes, monitor lizards, and more! They can all be seen in close but safe proximity under the guidance of our expert park guide.
After a full day of Borneo jungle trekking, the late afternoon provides further opportunity to spot proboscis monkeys who come out in droves after the midday heat. The animals at Bako are used to humans, so there is a great opportunity to watch the monkeys jumping from tree to tree.
After a lovely dinner at the park restaurant, proceed on a night walk using torchlight with the expert park guide. The night walk, on a trail with an elevated boardwalk, aims to catch sight of the park’s nocturnal creatures which includes the shy Civet Cat (if we are very lucky) and all manner of frogs, insects and creepy-crawlies. Your sharp-eyed park guide might even spot bats and flying lemurs busying themselves under the darkness of the night sky. Enjoy your serene and peaceful night in the National Park’s cabin accommodation with the unique sounds of Mother Nature at night. In the morning, we wake up early for the second morning trek to spot rare migratory birds, reptiles, mudskippers and search again for the elusive proboscis monkey.
This small-group Borneo tour includes 2 local lunches, 1 breakfast and 1 dinner which is served at the national park canteen. After the second day’s lunch, the return boat trip offers more opportunity for wildlife spotting including estuary crocodile and shorebirds. Before we say our goodbyes, we will then transfer you back to your city hotel by mid-afternoon.
Good to Know
- Early reservation recommended to avoid disappointment especially during the peak tourism months between June and October
- Suitable for families and visitors of all ages
- Accommodations at the park can be basic and facilities vary between some with ensuite bathroom or shared bathroom, some with ceiling fans or with air-conditioning. Room selection is limited and will depend on availability at the time of booking
- Swimming is now strictly prohibited in Bako as there have been recent sightings of estuary crocodiles near the park
- Tour includes 2 local lunches, 1 breakfast and 1 dinner which is served at the national park restaurant
- We recommend guests bring your own refillable water bottles and avoid using one-off plastic water bottles.
- During our tours, we recycle wherever possible, and try to keep our waste as low as possible. We discourage the use of plastic bags, and suggest that you bring your own dry bag or small waterproof backpack.
- Check out OUR RESPONSIBLE TOURISM COMMITMENT.(opens in a new tab)
- Please do not take pieces of coral or other endangered plant life home as a souvenir.
See What Our Guests Are Saying
You May Also Like...
3-Day Authentic Iban Longhouse & Jungle Discovery
3-Day Cycling to the Tip of Borneo
Cross Border Trek to Indonesia & Remote Highland Village Stay