We enjoyed a great kayak tour near Kutching, the tour also included a visit to the orang utang center Semenggoh and a longhouse Annah Rais. The tour was well organised and in small group. Good drivers and guides, simple but tasty lunch. The kayak tour was in the afternoon and took us through 11 km of beautifull quiet landscape. The tour was not too difficult, even for the kids 10-13. They very much loved the adventure and swimming in the river. Thank you for this great tour!
2-Day Annah Rais Longhouse Stay
Stay at an Authentic Longhouse
Hot spring & Jungle Trekking
Traditional Bidayuh Dinner
Join us on this adventure and experience the culture of the Bidayuh tribe as you stay at a traditional village! You will learn about the local history and beliefs, discover the traditional Bidayuh cuisine, partake in exciting outdoor activities, and spend the night at a longhouse.
A memorable one night stay in one of the last remaining traditional Bidayuh tribe’s longhouses.
Marvel at the unique architecture and cultural features of the bamboo longhouses.
Explore this living Bidayuh Village with your local guide and see where old human skulls are still worshiped by the tribe today.
Joining in traditional community activities including hotspring and jungle trekking.
Enjoy freshly cooked bamboo chicken and wild fern on the tanju.
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
- Adult (12+): MYR 785.00
- Children (1-11): MYR 393.00
Year-round, Monday to Sunday
2 days, 1 night
Minimum 2 people, maximum 8
- Transfer (Pickup /drop off is from Kuching center, within 10km radius from the city center. Pickup/drop off service outside of Kuching is available with extra charges. Please contact us for further information)
- Entrance Ticket
- 1 Night Accommodation
- Meals: breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Juices and alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
What to Bring
- Overnight bag with multiple sets of spare casual clothing, including long trousers and shorts;
- Wear light comfortable clothes that dry easily, swimsuits, shorts are fine;
- Comfortable walking shoes;
- Sandals or pair of flip flops;
- Personal care: small towel, toiletries, personal medication, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, extra tissues or toilet paper;
- A towel, change of clothes and plastic bag to keep phone / cameras dry;
- Sun hat / cap and sunglasses;
- On day trips, bring snacks and extra mineral water even though we do provide mineral water.
About Your Guide
Our community guides are from the local villages and are most willing to share their knowledge of local culture, farming and hunting technique and the remarkable diversity of local fauna and flora so that you will have plenty of information about your journey in this beautiful nature area, and at the same time ensure safety and great FUN in this remote area!
One passionate local English speaking guide will serve up to a maximum of 8 guests.
What You'll Do
After pickup from your city hotel, we start our journey to one of the last remaining traditional Bidayuh tribe’s longhouses in Kuching, the Annah Rais Longhouse, for some cultural experiences. The longhouse is located about 60km away from Kuching and the scenic drive takes around 90 minutes. The centuries-old longhouse, that is mostly constructed from wood and bamboo from the surrounding jungle, houses over 80 families and boasts a history of 200 years of existence. Explore this living Bidayuh Village with your local guide and learn about the culture of the Land Dayaks who were once headhunters. Learn about the unique architectural and cultural features of the longhouse as well as the traditional farming lifestyle. Step into the sacred room where old human skulls are still worshiped before visiting one of the local establishments for a sip of its famous rice wine, tuak.
Stay in a lovely homestay by a mountain stream with a local friendly host. Engage in more experiences of daily living in the longhouse by joining in a series of activities including hot spring and jungle trekking, as well as enjoying more authentic tuak rice wine. Take a dip in a hot spring in the middle of a serene jungle stream and enjoy a relaxing swim. In the evening, experience a freshly cooked authentic Bidayuh dinner of bamboo chicken and wild fern on the tanju (patio). Overnight at the simple but clean homestay in the longhouse.
In the morning, wake up to the sound of the jungle and farm. After breakfast, spend some free and easy time in the village or take part in some manual activities in the surrounding farms. Lunch will once again be served at the homestay. At the end of the tour, say goodbye to your host and return to the carpark for transfer to your hotel.
Good To Know
- Reservation required.
- Suitable for families and visitors of all ages.
- This tour can be combined with a kayaking day trip or with a day excursion to see the orangutan.
- We recommend guests bring their own refillable water bottles and avoid using one-off plastic water bottles.
- During our tours, we recycle wherever possible, and try to keep our waste as low as possible. We discourage the use of plastic bags, and suggest that you bring your own dry bag or small waterproof backpack.
- Check out OUR RESPONSIBLE TOURISM COMMITMENT(opens in a new tab).
See What Our Guests Are Saying
We had great support on the road too with Max and Francis and JC the boss came out to visit us (group of 6) one evening and we enjoyed a mega party. A great indigenous company, young and efficient, and I would highly recommend them.
Well, we have done the Wetlands wildlife morning cruise, the Bako one day tour and the Anah Rais+kayaking daytrip. Very nice places and not hard exercise (european people must be a bit careful with hard trekkings in Borneo, we are not used to so high humidity).
Very well organised activities. Good guides and drivers. They are always on time, kind and skilled. Absolutely not-crowded activities, this was fantastic (maximum 4 people).
Premises of Paradesa are well located, easy to find. Very professional people there too. You can arrange little questions with no problem, so you can make good use of each one of your days in Kuching. We have really enjoyed this place. Visit Sarawak!!