Wanted to do an activity on our last day before flying back to UK. Found this 3 hour tour which was perfect. Only wish we’d done it on the first day! Our guide was Farah and she was amazing- spoke perfect English and incredibly knowledgeable as well as being fun. Only 2 of us on this tour as she put it on specially for us as my husband didn’t think he could handle a longer session in the saddle. As it happens there are lots of stops. The tour includes a short ride out of the city and then along quiet back streets and through villages you would never normally go. We stopped at a market where she explained what the weird fruit and veggies were and then we had a laksa brunch before getting on one of the traditional river boats to return back to base. Can’t recommend this tour and company enough.
Best of Kuching: Heritage & Kampong Bike Tour
Visit Lonely Planet’s Sights of Kuching
Explore Sarawak Culture at Kubah Ria Market
Ride Past Traditional Malay Stilt Houses
This unique bike tour covers 85% of Kuching’s “sights” as listed by the Lonely Planet, and much more! In this ultimate Kuching tour, we explore the culture of the city’s heritage zone with visits to temples and monuments. Take a ride across the Sarawak River on a traditional ‘sampan’ boat and then cycle through rural kampongs (villages). Indulge in local street food in Kubah Ria, the open-air market. A great way to spend a morning with family or friends!
Discover temples and monuments in Kuching’s heritage zone.
Explore rural kampongs and cycle along country paths.
Learn about the heritage of Sarawak and its people.
Cruise across the Sarawak River on a traditional sampan boat.
Visit the vibrant, open-air market of Kubah Ria, a must-visit (but lesser-known) sight on the tour.
Learn about and taste exotic fruits and vegetables and shop for local, artisan treats.
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
- Adult (12+): MYR 220.00
- Children (3-11): MYR 110.00
- Young children (1-6): MYR 55.00
Paradesa Borneo office
Year-round: Monday to Sunday
- Local English-speaking guide
- Bike and helmet
- Boat fees
- Food/local fruit samples and a refreshment
- Rain ponchos are provided in the event of rain
- A great time!
Transportation from the hotel to the starting point
What to Bring
- Extra cash for additional street food and drinks, local souvenirs, and personal shopping
- Insect repellent, sunscreen, a towel, antiseptic, a change of clothes, and a plastic bag to keep electronics dry
- Wear light, comfortable shoes and clothes
About Your Guide
- Our passionate, local English-speaking tour leaders take great pride in their heritage (as well as their own personal stories) and are experts on Borneo’s history, culture, and natural wonders
- One guide will serve up to a maximum of 8 guests
What You'll Do
Driven by popular demand, the Best of Kuching Bike Tour combines the highlights of our pioneering Heritage Bike Tour(opens in a new tab) with our best selling Kampong Bike Tour(opens in a new tab). This unique Kuching tour covers 85% of the city’s sights as listed by the Lonely Planet, and much more!
Discover the hidden gems of Kuching, see our temples and monuments through the hidden lanes inside the heritage zone, and indulge in a wide variety of popular authentic Sarawak local street foods, drinks, and desserts! After a relaxing cruise across the Sarawak River on a traditional sampan boat, we will guide you through off-the-beaten-track routes of the rural Malay kampongs and wooden bridges lining the banks of the great Sarawak River.
Along the way, you can explore the vibrant and exotic open-air market of Kubah Ria. Marvel at the variety of colors of tropical fresh fruits and vegetables, shop for local handicrafts at non-tourist prices and discover a whole range of jungle produce including unique wild ferns, exotic vegetables, and plants. Open up your senses and discover authentic Sarawak! You will go home with both your mind and soul enriched, and your taste buds tingling!
Good to Know
- Reservations are recommended to avoid disappointment
- No helmet, no ride
- Rain or shine we always ride
- We include a pre-tour safety briefing and mandatory equipment checks
- A selection of good quality kids’ bikes of various sizes, baby seats (rear-mounted for above 9 months old), and child bike trailers are available
- We recommend guests bring your own refillable water bottles and avoid using one-off plastic water bottles.
- During our tours, we recycle wherever possible, and try to keep our waste as low as possible. We discourage the use of plastic bags, and suggest that you bring your own dry bag or small waterproof backpack.
- Check out Our Responsible Tourism Commitment(opens in a new tab)
See What Our Guests Are Saying
We did the half day best of Kuching heritage and kampung tour and we absolutely loved it!!…the staff were very friendly and our tour leader Delilah was really knowledgeable and attentive to all our needs.We loved getting to ride through the kampungs as you get to see a completely different side of the city and you feel like you are a million miles away I – the locals were so friendly as well!!…we got to try some yummy local food and loved exploring all the hidden heritage streets.The bikes were in great working order and we always felt safe.We would highly recommend people to do a trip with Paradesa you won’t regret it! Read less
My husband and I have just done the ‘Best of Kuching’ bike tour. Our guide Max was a lovely chap with lots of knowledge about the history of Kuching and surrounding area. The ride was at a leisurely pace, on quiet back roads and tracks also some more main roads. The bikes and helmets were in excellent condition and we felt very well led and completely safe. The route was varied with a crossing of the river by sampan, through quiet village streets, a visit to a market, a hearty bowl of laksa and drinks, and returning to the riverfront via several mosques on the south bank. Thank you Max for a great afternoon.