Despite our cancellation, we had a BLAST on the ride and can thoroughly recommend it. Not for the faint-hearted but also not exclusively for the experienced rider. Four hours flew past as we bungled through the jungle.
Ultimate Borneo: Off-Road Bike, Kayak, & Cave Adventure
Off-Road Biking Through Borneo’s Jungle
Explore Kuching’s Oldest Caves
Kayak Down the Sarawak River
Join us for the ultimate adventure, the best of Borneo day tours. We combine an exciting off-road mountain biking adventure, with kayaking in Kuching, down the Sarawak River, and top it off with an excursion to a spectacular mountain cave. This full-day tour shows you the wild side of Borneo.
Explore some of Sarawak’s oldest gold mines.
Discover Kuching’s most spectacular cave, The Fairy Cave.
Ride through thrilling, off-road jungle trails and appreciate the beautiful surroundings and karst landscape.
Paddle down a stretch of the Sarawak River and discover hidden waterfalls.
Take a refreshing dip in the Sarawak River during the kayaking.
Enjoy a local lunch in an old gold mining town.
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
Adult (14+): MYR 689.00
Your hotel lobby
Year-round: Monday to Sunday
2 to 16 persons
Technical – Moderate
- All participants must be aged 14 and over
- A good level of fitness is required for this tour
- Bike and helmet
- Local, English-speaking cycling guide
- Local, English-speaking kayaking guide
- Car transfer (Pickup /drop off is from Kuching center, within 10km radius from the city center. Pickup/drop off service outside of Kuching is available with extra charges. Please contact us for further information)
- Entrance fees
- Lunch and beverage
- Rain ponchos are provided in the event of rain
- A great time!
What to Bring
- Extra cash for additional food and drinks, local souvenirs, and personal shopping
- Bring extra mineral water, we will also provide you with some
- Insect repellent, sunscreen, a towel, antiseptic, change of clothes, waterproof equipment for devices, a spare pair of shoes, or flip flops (if you have them)
- For kayaking, wear comfortable walking shoes. Flip-flop & sandal is not advisable as some part of the river is slippery especially the trek to the small waterfall. Expect to get wet — wearing aqua shoes with a good grip is highly recommended
- Valuables, if you have them with you, can be kept in a dry bag provided by the kayaking guides
- For cycling, wear light, comfortable shoes, and clothes. We recommend that guests wear long sleeves and light clothing for comfortable riding
About Your Guide
- Our passionate, local English-speaking tour leaders take great pride in their heritage (as well as their own personal stories) and are experts on Borneo’s history, culture, and natural wonders
- One guide will serve up to a maximum of 8 guests
What You'll Do
We begin with a drive to the starting point of the Borneo kayak adventure. Paddle down a stretch of an untouched tributary of the Sarawak River to discover hidden waterfalls, explore limestone formations, and take the opportunity to have a dip in the refreshing mountain water.
After the kayaking, we drive to an old gold mining town surrounded by a spectacular limestone karst landscape. Fuel up with lunch first before heading to the gold mine lake, Blue Lake. We will then head to the impressive gold mining area, where we witness the ruins of the abandoned mines. Your cycling guide will lead you through the hidden trails to discover spectacular rock formations and colorful, mineral-enriched lakes.
Along the way, we get off the bikes and visit to the impressive Fairy Cave, Kuching. After the caves, it’s off-road again to experience the challenging up and downhills of the rainforest trails!
Note: Fairy Cave is closed every Monday, so we will head to the Kuching’s Wind Cave instead.
Be amazed by the abundance of local wildlife, caves full of bats and swiftlet birds. Hop back onto the saddle, for our final section of the cycling part of the tour, the off-road trail on jungle terrain.
A full and exciting day of fun and adventure awaits you!
Good to Know
- A good level of fitness is required for this tour.
- No helmet, no ride!
- Rain or shine, we always ride and paddle!
- Have a good hearty breakfast on the morning of the tour.
- Pre-tour safety briefing and mandatory equipment checks will be carried out.
- For correct bike sizing, please provide height measurements during the booking process.
- We recommend guests bring your own refillable water bottles and avoid using one-off plastic water bottles.
- During our tours, we recycle wherever possible, and try to keep our waste as low as possible. We discourage the use of plastic bags, and suggest that you bring your own dry bag or small waterproof backpack.
- Check out Our Responsible Tourism Commitment(opens in a new tab)
- Please do not take pieces of coral or other endangered plant life home as a souvenir.
See What Our Guests Are Saying
Paradesa Borneo put together an unforgettable combination of high adventure. I am a road cyclist with some MTB skills. Our group included a novice Australian couple and pro MTB rider. Everyone had a great time going between the jungle single-track, a cave filled with bats, and abandoned gold mine, and stream crossings. Our guide Francis made sure everyone had fun and was challenged but never overwhelmed.
My second time on the kayak trip after going 4 years ago. Very well organised and helpful and friendly guides and driver. I took my 11-year-old son, who loved it!