Our first day in Kuching we visited Bako National Park. What untouched beauty. Our guide Alex Wee was exceptional not only did he educate us about proboscis monkeys, flying lemurs, pit vipers, macaques and other animals found at the park but we saw the different carnivorous plants at the parks. He tailored our hiking so we could see the animals and admire the fauna. Alex is an amazing animal spotter so kudos to him for pointing out camouflaged animals to us.
Bako National Park Day Trip
See The Beautiful Bako National Park
Full-day Rainforest Trek
Spot an Abundance of Wildlife
Incredible Bako National Park tour
Enjoy one of the best Borneo tours on this wildlife and National Park adventure when it takes you to a wonderful wildlife reserve to spend the day in search of Proboscis monkeys, wild boar, exotic birds, snakes, and more! Bako National Park is famed for being the oldest National Park in Sarawak and it’s relatively easy access provides a golden opportunity to discover and explore Sarawakian rainforests and wildlife.
Best and most accessible national park in Borneo for wildlife spotting
Fun & adventurous day trip to Bako national park by a spectacular boat trip
Great opportunity to spot the bizarre proboscis monkey, a monkey with big nose and pot belly
Panoramic views of rugged coastline, small beaches & green hilltops.
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
Adults (12 +): MYR 425.00
Children (3-11): MYR 213.00
Please note: Exact timing may differ depending on the tidal conditions. If there is any time change, your guide will inform you at least 1 day prior to the tour.
Hotel/hostel pick up
7 days a week, year-round.
Please note: between November and March, some days may be affected by the monsoon season which makes the boat trip unsafe. The trip would then be canceled and the tour refunded.
Minimum 2 Adults per order, Maximum 8
Single traveller can contact us via email/whatsapp to check availability to join in existing group
Easy start with an advanced section in the rainforest
- Entrance fees
- Lunch and refreshments
- Land and sea transport (Pickup /drop off is from Kuching center, within 10km radius from the city center. Pickup/drop off service outside of Kuching is available with extra charges. Please contact us for further information)
- Local English speaking National Park guide
- A good time
What to Bring
- Wear light comfortable clothes that dry easily, shorts are fine
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Bring insect repellent, sunscreen, antiseptic
- A towel, raincoat or poncho and plastic bag to keep phone/cameras dry
- Sun hat/cap and sunglasses
- Passport (Softcopy/photo in mobile)
About Your Guide
Our national park guides are local and are well trained friendly professionals who give simple safety instructions as well as their knowledge of remarkable diversity of animals and plants so that you will have plenty of information about your journey in this beautiful natural area, and at the same time ensure safety and Great FUN in the wild! One passionate local English Speaking guide will serve up to a maximum of 8 guests.
What You'll Do
We start the day by picking you up from the hotel and drive 40 minutes to the scenic jetty of Kampong Bako. From the jetty, the National Park guide will prepare the boat and lifejackets before taking a 25-minute boat ride to the National Park headquarters situated on the Bako peninsula. Bako is one of the best places in Sarawak to see wildlife in natural surroundings, including Borneo’s signature long-nose probosci’s monkeys, long-tailed macaques, wild boars (bearded pig), snakes, monitor lizards, and more! They can all be seen in close but safe proximity under the guidance of our expert park guide.
There are several trails inside the park depending on your level of fitness and interest. The 16 square kilometers of primary forests are home to seven distinct ecosystems including beach vegetation, mangrove, and peat swamp forest. Constant erosion over millions of years has turned the Bako coastline into a stunning geographical landmark with spectacular cliffs, sea stacks, and pristine sandy beaches that dot the area.
This Borneo small-group tour includes a local lunch which is served at the National Park canteen before the return boat trip back to the mainland. The boat trip offers more opportunities for wildlife spotting including estuary crocodile and shorebirds. After reaching Kampung Bako jetty, we will then transfer back to your city hotel/hostel and say our goodbyes.
Good to Know
- Reservation recommended to avoid disappointment
- Follow the park guide instructions and stick to the trails and mangrove boardwalks
- Suitable for families and visitors of all ages
- We recommend guests bring your own refillable water bottles and avoid using one-off plastic water bottles.
- During our tours, we recycle wherever possible, and try to keep our waste as low as possible. We discourage the use of plastic bags, and suggest that you bring your own dry bag or small waterproof backpack.
- Check out OUR RESPONSIBLE TOURISM COMMITMENT.(opens in a new tab)
- Please do not take pieces of coral or other endangered plant life home as a souvenir.
See What Our Guests Are Saying
The whole trip was very well organised and we enjoyed every minute of it. We are very grateful for all your help and we will recommend “Responsible Travel ” to our relatives and friends.