Extremely helpful and accommodating. The whole crew were wonderful. Special mention to Bansik, Estelle and Winner. Had an excellent trip hiking up Mt Santubong.
Mount Santubong Challenge
Exciting Kuching Day Tour
Scale Mount Santubong
Mt. Santubong: Kuching’s answer to Mt Kinabalu in Sabah?
Not quite, but it’s still a pretty tough and challenging climb! This 810 m high adventure will take you through Borneo’s jungle filled with a variety of local wildlife, picturesque jungles and some unrivalled views over the South China Sea. Strap on your walking boots and join us today!
A challenging but rewarding climb on a full day activity tour in Kuching
Challenging climb with rewarding views from the top
Spectacular view of the South China Sea
A waterfall offers a great way to cool off at the end of the trail
Spot monkeys, exotic birds, reptiles, and more!
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
Adults (13 +): MYR 280
Children (3-12): MYR 140
Hostel/hotel pick up
Year-round, Monday to Sunday
5 to 8 hours
Minimum 2 adults
Good level of fitness to be able to cope with steep climbs
- Packed lunch
- Local English speaking guide
- An excellent + challenging hike
What to Bring
- Wear light comfortable clothes that dry easily, swimsuits, shorts are fine
- Comfortable walking shoes. Flip-flop & sandals are not recommended
- Bring insect repellent, sunscreen, antiseptic
- A towel, change of clothes, raincoat or poncho and plastic bag to keep phone/cameras dry
- Sun hat/cap and sunglasses
- Extra snacks and drinks for the trekking
About Your Guide
One passionate local English Speaking guide will serve up to a maximum of 8 guests. They will share with you their deep knowledge and understanding of the area and will answer any questions or queries you may have along the way
What You'll Do
From sea level, Mt Santubong dominates the flat coastline of Western Sarawak with its irregular rainforest-covered peaks rising steeply to 810m, forming a catchment for numerous streams and a sanctuary for a variety of wildlife. This challenging hike involves some steep climbs, including up rope ladders, but the trail is well made and provides some unforgettable views from the top.
After a 30 minutes transfer from the city, we will register at the Mount Santubong National Park ranger office at the start of the trailhead. The trail passes through beautiful and diverse rainforest and offers a good opportunity to spot some local wildlife. There are several opportunities to rest along the climb to catch your breath and take in the unfolding views as the altitude rises. The trail is often covered with tree roots but turns rocky closer to the peak and that requires the assistance of ropes and ladders at several challenging places.
Mount Santubong is the highest peak in the Santubong Peninsula mountain range. The peak offers the most spectacular view of the South China Sea on the one side and the lower mountain ranges on the other. After conquering the peak, lunch will be served and it’s a good time to take some memorable photos to congratulate the achievement of the climb. On the descent, a pretty waterfall offers a great way to cool off at the end of the walk.
Good to Know
- This tour has an age restriction, all participants must be aged 12 and over.
- A good fitness level is required for this tour to cope with steep climbs
- Feel rewarded after completing the challenging Mount Santubong trek
- We recommend guests bring your own refillable water bottles and avoid using one-off plastic water bottles.
- During our tours, we recycle wherever possible, and try to keep our waste as low as possible. We discourage the use of plastic bags, and suggest that you bring your own dry bag or small waterproof backpack.
- Check out OUR RESPONSIBLE TOURISM COMMITMENT.(opens in a new tab)
- Please do not take pieces of coral or other endangered plant life home as a souvenir.
See What Our Guests Are Saying
The whole trip was very well organised and we enjoyed every minute of it. We are very grateful for all your help and we will recommend “Responsible Travel ” to our relatives and friends.