The whole trip was very well organised and we enjoyed every minute of it. We are very grateful for all your help and we will recommend “Responsible Travel ” to our relatives and friends.
Experience 8-day Sabah Wildlife and Islands Tour
Borneo Big 5
Snorkelling, Beach and Mud bath
Orangutan and Sun Bear Conservation
Join us on this 8-day tour as we take you on the best of Sabah wildlife and island experience.This outstanding journey begins in the west coast of Sabah, Malaysia for a wetland and island experience. The tour ends in Sandakan on the east coast of the state. In the mid-point of your journey, the coolness of Kinabalu Park and the relaxing warmth of Poring hot springs beckon.
You will have opportunities to see Borneo Big 5
Snorkel or take a volcanic mud bath at Pulau Tiga aka Survivor Island made famous by the TV series of the same name.
Relax in hot spring bath or fish spa
Do turtle sightings at Selingan Island
Take a canopy walk
Learn about the conservation programme of orangutans, sun bears and turtles.
Stay in beach chalets and rainforest lodges.
Enjoy awesome fresh seafood
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
7,260 MYR per person
Kuching Airport or Hotel
Valid till: 31/03/2024
8 days, 7 nights
2 to 6 persons
- Transportation & English Speaking Guide
- Meals are provided as stated
Twin sharing room:
- 2 nights Tempurung Golden Beach Resort
- 1 night @ Sabah Tea House
- 1 night @ Sepilok Jungle Resort
- 1 night @ Selingan Island Chalet
- 2 nights @ Bilit Adventure Lodge
- Firefly Boat Cruise
- Pulau Tiga Island trip
- Kinabalu Park & Poring Hot Spring (Canopy Walk and Hot Spring)
- Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre & Rainforest Discovery Centre
- Turtle Island
- Sandakan City Tour
- Kinabatangan River Cruise
What to Bring
- Multiple sets of spare casual clothing, including long trousers and shorts, hat / cap, swimming costumes, sandal and extra walking shoe;
- Personal care: small towel, toiletries, personal medication, sunscreen, mosquito repellent;
- Camera and chargers, dry bag, torch light, sunglasses;
- On day trips, bring snacks and extra mineral water even though we do provide mineral water;
- Passport with 6 months validity and spare pages (additional immigration check at Sarawak’s entry points) and travel insurance details.
At different locations on this long trip, we use a combination of local guide, park guide and community guide who are most willing to share their knowledge of local culture and the remarkable diversity of local fauna and flora so that you will have plenty of information about your journey, and at the same time ensure safety and Great FUN in this beautiful island. One passionate local English Speaking guide will serve up to a maximum of 6 guests.
Good to Know
- Reservation required 3 days in advance
- Suitable for families and visitors of all ages
Important to Know
Options for departing Mulu are Mulu (MZV) – Kuching (KCH) on MASWings MH3753 (Dep 1455, Arr 1630) and Mulu (MZV – Kota Kinabalu (BKI) on MASWings MH3254 (Dep 1455, Arr 1645).
All tours are subject to weather conditions and may be amended without notice to suit the prevailing conditions at the time of tour.
This tour is available with minimum of 2 pax to go. Should you be only 1 person, we will wait for at least one other to join the tour to guarantee the departure.
What You'll Do
Your tour starts with a transfer to the Tempurung Golden Beach Resort. From here, you can enjoy a firefly boat trip along the Klias river. With ample chances to spot proboscis monkeys and long-tailed macaques. The following day, visit Pulau Tiga Park (Survivor Island), where you can swim, snorkel and enjoy a mud bath. The day ends with a seafood steamboat dinner.
Your things to do:
- Transfer to Tempurung Golden Beach Resort
- Firefly boat trip at Klias River to spot proboscis monkeys and long-tail macaque
- Traditional fish dinner at a restaurant near the jetty
- Overnight stay at Tempurung Golden Beach Resort
- Visit Pulau Tiga Park (Survivor Island)
- Explore the marine life through swimming and snorkelling
- Jungle trekking to the mud volcano
- Mud bath at the mud volcano
- Late lunch at the resort
- Free time to explore the deserted beaches
- Seafood steamboat dinner at the beach patio of the resort
1 Breakfast (D2), 2 Lunches (D1, 2), and 2 Dinners (D1, 2)
Accommodation (D1, 2) : Tempurung Golden Beach Resort
This is a full-day tour starting with a drive to Kinabalu Park. You will pass through the state capital of Kota Kinabalu. At the War Memorial Park you learn about the history of WWII. You will relax and soak in the Japanese baths of Poring Hot Springs. Then make a trek to the Canopy Walkway to appreciate a rainforest setting from another view. This is then followed by a visit to the butterfly farm and Orchid Conservation Centre. Indulge in natural spa treatment at Sungai Moroli Fish Spa. In the evening, you can enjoy dinner with a scenic view at Sabah Tea Garden. After dinner, take a night walk to observe Borneo insects.
Your things to do:
- Visit the WWII War Memorial Park, a commemorative park for those who perished fighting the war.
- Shop for local products at a nearby market.
- Soak in Japanese baths filled with invigorating sulphur water at Poring Hot Springs.
- Trek to the Canopy Walkway and admire the stunning views of the tropical jungle.
- Visit the butterfly farm and Orchid Conservation Centre.
- Experience fish nibbling sensation on your body at the Sungai Moroli Fish Spa
- Enjoy dinner at the Sabah Tea Garden’s open-air restaurant. It has a stunning evening view of the highland valley.
- Take a night walk of the Sabah Tea Garden and discover Borneo insects along the way back to the lodge.
1 Breakfast, 1 Lunche , and 1 Dinner
Accommodation – Sabah Tea Garden 3* or similar
Your things to do:
- Drive for 3.5 hours overland from Sabah Tea Garden to Sepilok Jungle Resort after breakfast
- Have lunch enroute
- Check in at Sepilok Jungle Resort
- Visit Sepilok OrangUtan Rehabilitation Centre for the 1400hrs feeding time
- Visit the nearby Sun Bear Conservation Centre
- Explore Rainforest Discovery Centre and its 363m long canopy walkway
- Spot endemic Borneo bird species
- Relax or go for a swim in the jungle lodge pool
- Enjoy dinner and overnight stay at Sepilok Jungle Resort.
1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner
Accommodation – 1 night Sepilok Jungle Resort
Visit Selingan Turtle Island where you can witness the egg-laying and hatching process of turtles. You can also enjoy snorkelling or relaxing on the beach. As part of your learning preparation, there will be a slideshow about this turtle park and turtles. You will stay overnight at the island.
Your things to do:
- Transfer to CQ Jetty for Selingan Turtle Island tour.
- Take a 1-hour journey by motorised boat.
- Have lunch upon arrival.
- Go snorkelling at the beach and explore juvenile marine life.
- Relax or sunbathe at the beach.
- Watch a slideshow featuring information of the turtle park and turtles.
- Witness the mother turtle laying eggs.
- Take part in transferring eggs to the hatchery and releasing hatchlings to the sea.
- Stay overnight at Selingan Island Chalet.
1 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch and 1 Dinner
Accommodation – 1 night Selingan Island Chalet
Your day 6 begins with a transfer from Selingan Island to Sandakan city for a city tour. This is then followed by a journey to Bilit Adventure Lodge by the Kinabatangan River. This stretch of the river is home to the Borneo Big 5. Pygmy elephants, wild orangutans, proboscis monkeys, crocodiles and the Great Rhinocerous Hornbills. Activities include afternoon and morning river cruises and a guided jungle walk.
Your things to do:
- City tour of Sandakan – local market, Chinese Temple, Agnes Keith House, and the English Tea House
- Overland journey to Bilit Adventure Lodge by the Kinabatangan River
- Afternoon river cruise
- Early morning river cruise
- Guided jungle walk to Danau Bilit (Ox-Bow lake) for wildlife sighting
- Picnic lunch at the lake
- Afternoon river cruise to a different part of the river for more wildlife viewing
- Dinner and overnight stay at Bilit Adventure Lodge
- Transfer to Sandakan Airport for onward travel.
3 Breakfasts (D6, 7, 8), 2 Lunches (D6, 7) and 2 Dinners (D6, 7)
Accommodation – 2 nights Bilit Adventure Lodge
Domestic / International Flight from Sandakan
Good To Know
- We recommend guests bring your own refillable water bottles and avoid using one-off plastic water bottles.
- During our tours, we recycle wherever possible, and try to keep our waste as low as possible. We discourage the use of plastic bags, and suggest that you bring your own dry bag or small waterproof backpack.
- Check out OUR RESPONSIBLE TOURISM COMMITMENT.(opens in a new tab)
- Please do not take pieces of coral or other endangered plant life home as a souvenir.
See What Our Guests Are Saying
The most memorable part was arranged by Jerry Tao to attend the Remembrance Day celebrations on Labuan Island – an unexpected addition and very much appreciated. Some of the other highlights were visiting Bako National Park (seeing proboscis monkeys and wild boar plus the rock formations); the Orangutan Sanctuary and seeing a female and her baby; visiting the Niah Caves; the visit to Brunei and the visit with Jack Koh to Kinabalu Park. Learning the history & cultures of the areas we visited was a special treat.