We spent two days with Paradesa Borneo. Day 1 was with our very informative guide Beko at the orangutan sanctuary and then kayaking down the river which was amazing. Day 2 we spent four hours riding around the city experiencing the real Kuching. Thank you, Farrah. We will definitely be back?
Borneo Outdoor Discovery: Orangutan, Off-Road Biking, & Caves
Visit an Orangutan Nature Reserve
Explore Kuching’s Oldest Caves
Off-Road Biking Through Borneo’s Jungle
Many come to Borneo for its orangutan tours, but we offer much more than that. Combine a visit to the Semengohh Nature Reserve to see the orangutans at feeding time, with a jungle, mountain-biking adventure, and a trip to Kuching’s oldest caves which are full of local wildlife. Visit an authentic gold mine and learn about Borneo’s history with this industry.
Visit Semenggoh Nature Reserve and wonder at the orangutans during their feeding time.
Visit the impressive Fairy Cave, home to a variety of wildlife, including bats.
Explore off-road routes and hidden gold mines.
Appreciate the variety of landscapes, from the deep greens of the jungle to the limestone karst.
Take a break for a local lunch in the gold mining town of Bau.
Finish the day with more off-roading through the Borneo rainforest.
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
- Adult (13 +): MYR 350.00
- Children (7-12): MYR 175.00
Your hotel lobby
Year-round: Monday to Sunday
2 to 16 persons
Technical – Moderate
- All participants must be aged 10 and over
- A good level of fitness is required for this tour
- Bike and helmet
- Local, English-speaking cycling guide
- Car transfer (Pickup /drop off is from Kuching center, within 10km radius from the city center. Pickup/drop off service outside of Kuching is available with extra charges. Please contact us for further information)
- Entrance fees
- Lunch and beverage
- Rain ponchos are provided in the event of rain
- A great time!
What to Bring
- Extra cash for additional food and drinks, local souvenirs, and personal shopping
- Bring extra mineral water, we will also provide you with some
- Insect repellent, sunscreen, a towel, antiseptic, change of clothes, waterproof equipment for devices, a spare pair of shoes, or flip flops (if you have them)
- Wear light, comfortable shoes, and clothes
- We recommend that guests wear long sleeves and light clothing for comfortable riding
About Your Guide
- Our passionate, local English-speaking tour leaders take great pride in their heritage (as well as their own personal stories) and are experts on Borneo’s history, culture, and natural wonders
- One guide will serve up to a maximum of 8 guests
What You'll Do
We start early with a transfer to visit the Semenggoh Nature Reserve, a large enclosed area of rainforest which is home to endangered orangutans, rescued from captivity, and kept for rehabilitation. During the scheduled feeding time, some orangutans may descend from the rainforest to the lower branches of trees near the feeding platform. Those lucky few will be offered a wealth of facial expressions by mankind’s closest relative.
After feeding time, we take a 30-minute scenic drive to the majestic Fairy Cave filled with bats and impressive mountain chambers.
We then jump into the saddle to begin our mountain biking adventure! Head off-road to explore hidden gold mines and cycle through some spectacular limestone karst landscape! Along the way, we stop by the historical gold mining town of Bau for a well-deserved lunch!
With energy levels re-charged, experience the moderately challenging off-road up and downhill of the Borneo rainforest. At the end of the ride, we head back to your city hotel for you to put your feet up after a day of thrilling adventures.
Good to Know
- Age restriction: All participants must be aged 10 and over.
- A good level of fitness is required for this tour.
- No helmet, no ride.
- Rain or shine, we always ride and paddle.
- Have a good hearty breakfast on the morning of the tour.
- Pre-tour safety briefing and mandatory equipment checks will be carried out.
- For correct bike sizing, please provide height measurements during the booking process.
- We recommend guests bring your own refillable water bottles and avoid using one-off plastic water bottles.
- During our tours, we recycle wherever possible, and try to keep our waste as low as possible. We discourage the use of plastic bags, and suggest that you bring your own dry bag or small waterproof backpack.
- Check out Our Responsible Tourism Commitment(opens in a new tab)