We had an excellent day. Everything was planned for us – pick up, guide, kayak, gear, lunch etc. Our guide were informative, friendly and his english was very understandable. The guide took pictures of us all day. Afterwards the Company helped us get the pictures and send them to us by email. GREAT day – we can only give our best recommandstions – as they were providing a memorable and exciting experience for affordable price.
Sarawak River: Kayak Discovery
Visit hidden waterfalls
Paddle through the tranquil rainforest
Lunch at the riverbank included
This full day tour from Kuching is a perfect getaway for those who want to enjoy beautiful scenery and the tranquility of the rainforest.
Float down the Semadang River to explore the pristine wilderness of the Borneo rainforest
Swim and chill out at waterfalls and take part in fish feeding activity
Enjoy one of the most popular Kuching outdoor activities
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
- Adult (13+): MYR 220
- Child (3-11): MYR 110
- Children under 2: Free
- 8:00 AM
- Season: Year-round
- Monday to Sunday
- 6 hours
- Minimum 2 adults
- English-speaking guide
- Car Transfer
- Kayak and life jacket
- Lunch and refreshment
- Entrance fees
- A great time!
What to Bring
- Wear light comfortable clothes that dry easily, swimsuits, shorts are fine;
- Comfortable walking shoes. Flip-flop & sandal is not advisable as some part of the river is slippery especially the trek to the small waterfall;
- Expect to get wet — wearing aqua shoes with a good grip is highly recommended
- Valuables, if you have them with you, can be kept in a dry bag provided by the kayaking guides
- Bring insect repellent, sunscreen, antiseptic;
- A towel, change of clothes and plastic bag to keep phone / cameras dry;
- Sun hat / cap and sunglasses.
About Your Guide
- Our community guides are local and are well trained friendly professionals who give simple safety instructions as well as basic paddling techniques at the beginning of the trip. The guides are happy to provide local knowledge of the Semadang River and its landscape, so that you will have plenty of information about your journey in these beautiful waters, and at the same time ensure safety and great FUN on the river!
What You'll Do
Float down an untouched stretch of the Sarawak River to discover hidden waterfalls, explore limestone formations, and take the opportunity to have a dip in the refreshing mountain water. At the halfway mark, explore how the locals farm and fish. This is where you get the chance to feed the fish in the river feeding grounds — a sustainable fish farming method that has been practiced for ages.
After the halfway point, continue to paddle leisurely and enjoy the peace and tranquility of the rainforest. This serene and smooth flowing river is a great place for friends and family to compete in races and water fights! When water levels permit, stop at a mini waterfall for swimming before ending the fantastic kayaking tour at the Kampong Semadang. Enjoy a well-earned lunch of local home-cooked cuisine at the kayaking base camp before heading back to the city.
Good to Know
- Reservation recommended to avoid disappointment;
- This adventure is suitable for beginners as well as for kids as young as 5 years old with adult guidance;
- No life jacket, no kayak!
- Pre-Tour safety briefing and mandatory equipment checks;
- Rain or shine we always paddle!
- We recommend guests bring your own refillable water bottles and avoid using one-off plastic water bottles.
- During our tours, we recycle wherever possible, and try to keep our waste as low as possible. We discourage the use of plastic bags, and suggest that you bring your own dry bag or small waterproof backpack.
- In the event of paddle damage, charges will be applied amounting to MYR300 per unit.
- Check out Our Responsible Tourism Commitment(opens in a new tab)
See What Our Guests Are Saying
The whole trip was very well organised and we enjoyed every minute of it. We are very grateful for all your help and we will recommend “Responsible Travel ” to our relatives and friends.