The whole trip was very well organised and we enjoyed every minute of it. We are very grateful for all your help and we will recommend “Responsible Travel ” to our relatives and friends.
Danum Valley Wildlife Explorer 3 Day Tour
Jungle Tour Borneo
3 Days, 2 Nights of Adventure!
Borneo Multi-day Tour
Danum is one of the best places for wildlife spotting in Borneo
Step into the jungle in Sabah’s largest protected Lowland Rainforest, Danum Valley Conservation Area, for the ultimate Borneo Experience! Explore amazing wildlife in this 43,800 hectares of pristine and undisturbed tropical rainforest which is the habitual grounds to over 500 species of mammals, birds, and amphibians living relatively untouched, not to mention a variety of towering tropical trees and exotic orchids.
Experience the 130 million-year-old Borneo rainforest with its fantastic array of flora and fauna
Pristine rainforest and rich biodiversity of Danum is one of the best places for wildlife spotting in Borneo
Enjoy some stunning hikes in the deep jungles of the Sabah region
Relax by the refreshing rivers during the hot afternoons
Take some night hikes to find nocturnal creatures, and enjoy optional 4x4 activities such as night safaris
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
Adults (12 +): MYR 1850
Children (7-11): MYR 840
Pickup time at the airport (depending on flight schedule)
Lahad Datu Airport
Year-round, Monday – Sunday
3 days, 2 nights
Minimum 2 adults, maximum 12
Moderate level of fitness is required
- Walks and nature observations as per the overview
- Guides to accompany trekking and night walks
- All fees & entrances
- Accommodation at Field Center: standard room
- Meals as stated (served in buffet style; simple and basic meals). Vegetarians and special diets catered for
Drinking water, coffee & tea all-day
- Return airport transfer to Lahad Datu Airport or town hotel
- Optional activity by 4×4 – night drive & sunrise (your guide can help arrange)
- Juices and alcoholic beverages
- Government Tourism Tax of RM 10 per room payable at accommodation check-in
- Travel insurance
What to Bring
- Raincoat (wet season Nov-Feb)
- Insect repellent
- Sun cream
- Good walking shoes
- Socks (leech socks are available for sale any stores here)
- Comfortable cotton T-shirt with long or short pants
- Personal toiletries and medications
About Your Guide
Our community guides and boatmen are from the local villages and more than willing to share their knowledge of local culture and the remarkable diversity of local fauna and flora.
We want you to have plenty of information about your journey in this beautiful natural area, and at the same time ensure safety and great FUN in this remote area!
What You'll Do
Start your adventure in Borneo with a pickup from your hotel in Lahad Datu or Lahad Datu Airport between 8:00 and 8:30 AM. Register at the welcome center upon arrival and check-in after a briefing by Danum Valley Conservation Center (DVFC) staff. Meet your guide, settle-in, and enjoy your local lunch. After lunch, chat with your guide to plan your days at DVFC. Relax or take an afternoon siesta before going on a mid-afternoon walk in the area as an introduction to the Borneo rainforest. The area surrounding the center is teeming with wildlife and it is not unusual for you to spot resident orangutans, hornbills, reptiles, frogs, and much more! Return to center before sundown and enjoy dinner at 7:00 PM. After dinner, go on an included night walk with your guide or arrange for an optional 4×4 night drive (additional activity at your own expense payable to the DVFC).
Overnight at Danum Valley Field Centre, Danum Valley. (L / D)
Wake up early for an early morning trek with your guide at 6:00 AM to see the forest come to life. Alternatively, you can also pre-arrange a 4×4 drive to Bukit Atur for a breathtaking sunrise experience above the tree canopy – please tell your guide in advance that you are interested in this and he can assist with booking accordingly (additional activity at your own expense). Return to the center for breakfast and embark on a jungle trail walk, if you wish. Spend late morning resting before having lunch and afterward, take a dip at the Ulu Segama river before heading off for another trek – there are various types of trails and your guide can discuss with you. Return to the center in the late afternoon, in time to watch the sky change color as the sun sets. After dinner, go on an included night walk with your guide or arrange for an optional 4×4 night drive (additional activity at your own expense).
Overnight at Danum Valley Field Centre, Danum Valley. (B/ L / D)
The next day, wake up early for more wildlife sighting possibilities and then return to the lounge for breakfast, and spend the rest of your morning at leisure until check out time at 11:30 AM.
Overnight at Danum Valley Field Centre, Danum Valley. (B)
Good to Know
- Age restriction: All participants must be aged 7 and over
- A moderate level of fitness is required
- Accommodation: Standard room with air-conditioning private bathroom. Due to the remote location, note that the electricity at DVFC only runs via generator 7:30 AM – 11:00 PM so there will be no fan or a/c past midnight but the temperature is pleasant in the evening
- The standard time of transfer schedule (please see below) TO and FROM Lahad Datu (any request for an early or late checkout, there will be an additional surcharge for unscheduled transfer, subject to availability, and additional lunch, for a late checkout, please contact us for rates)
- Lahad Datu Airport – DV FC: 9.30 AM
- DVFC – Lahad Datu: 11.30 AM
- We recommend guests bring your own refillable water bottles and avoid using one-off plastic water bottles.
- During our tours, we recycle wherever possible, and try to keep our waste as low as possible. We discourage the use of plastic bags, and suggest that you bring your own dry bag or small waterproof backpack.
- Check out OUR RESPONSIBLE TOURISM COMMITMENT.(opens in a new tab)
- Please do not take pieces of coral or other endangered plant life home as a souvenir.