The whole trip was very well organised and we enjoyed every minute of it. We are very grateful for all your help and we will recommend “Responsible Travel ” to our relatives and friends.
Mysterious Caves: Bats, Fairy and Buddha
Explore the Famous Wind Cave, Fairy Cave, and More
See Fruit Bats and Other Cave Wildlife
Half-Day Tour from Kuching
Join us on an exciting day trip from Kuching to explore cave national parks of Sarawak! Wander through the mysterious chambers of the Wind Cave and Fairy Caves, visit a hidden Buddha temple, and spot fruit bats and birds dwelling in the caverns.
Visit the gold-mining town of Bau, surrounded by spectacular limestone Karst mountain
Walk the wooden boardwalk in Wind Cave to discover hanging fruit bats
Explore the impressive chambres of Fairy Cave National Park
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
- Adult (12+): MYR 198.00
- Child (1-11): MYR 99.00
9:00 AM or 1:30 PM
Monday to Sunday, year-round
Min 2 people, max 8
- Local English Speaking Guide
- Transfer (Pickup /drop off is from Kuching center, within 10km radius from the city center. Pickup/drop off service outside of Kuching is available with extra charges. Please contact us for further information)
- Entrance Fee
- A great time
What to Bring
- Bring insect repellent, sunscreen, a towel, antiseptic, change of clothes, waterproof equipment for devices, spare pair of shoes or flip flops (if you have them);
- Torchlight for the caves (if you have them).
- Wear light comfortable shoes and clothes.
- We recommend guests wear long sleeves and light clothing like sport clothes.
Our national park guides are local and are well trained friendly professionals who give simple safety instructions as well as their knowledge of remarkable diversity of animals and plants so that you will have plenty of information about your journey in this beautiful natural area, and at the sametime ensure safety and Great FUN in the wild! One passionate local English Speaking guide will serve up to a maximum of 8 guests.
Good to Know
- Difficulty level: moderate
- Please book at least one day in advance
What You'll Do
Explore some fascinating and very different caverns in the gold-mining town of Bau, surrounded by spectacular limestone Karst mountain on this exciting half day trip from Kuching.
Wind Cave is full of bats. Walk along the wooden plank through the dark and eerie tunnels where you can hear the bats hanging from the ceiling of the cave. Search for swiftlet bird nests (some with baby birds) on the cave wall as well as creatures unique to tropical cavern habitat feeding off bat droppings!
A quick drive will take you to the Fairy Cave National Park with an impressive huge chamber halfway up a mountain. Walk up a series of flights of stairs to reach the entrance of the chamber. The approaching chamber will take your breath away on first sighting and it offers spectacular view to both inside and outside the cave. Walk into the deeper chamber filled with “Alien” movie-like formations and maybe crawl into one of the secret chambers for a taste of adventure caving.
Finally, visit a mystical temple cave with a Buddha statue which was rumored to have washed up the Sarawak coast during the 2004 Tsunami. Pray for your future fortunes and destiny before returning to the city.
Note: Fairy Cave close every Monday, Wind Cave close every Tuesday.
Good To Know
- We recommend guests bring your own refillable water bottles and avoid using one-off plastic water bottles.
- During our tours, we recycle wherever possible, and try to keep our waste as low as possible. We discourage the use of plastic bags, and suggest that you bring your own dry bag or small waterproof backpack.
- Check out OUR RESPONSIBLE TOURISM COMMITMENT.(opens in a new tab)
- Please do not take pieces of coral or other endangered plant life home as a souvenir.
See What Our Guests Are Saying
Well, we have done the Wetlands wildlife morning cruise, the Bako one day tour and the Anah Rais+kayaking daytrip. Very nice places and not hard exercise (european people must be a bit careful with hard trekkings in Borneo, we are not used to so high humidity).
Very well organised activities. Good guides and drivers. They are always on time, kind and skilled. Absolutely not-crowded activities, this was fantastic (maximum 4 people).
Premises of Paradesa are well located, easy to find. Very professional people there too. You can arrange little questions with no problem, so you can make good use of each one of your days in Kuching. We have really enjoyed this place. Visit Sarawak!!