The whole trip was very well organised and we enjoyed every minute of it. We are very grateful for all your help and we will recommend “Responsible Travel ” to our relatives and friends.
Scenic Penrissen Range Village Stay
Truly Experience Local Life
Borneo Jungle Trek
A remote Sarawak cultural village tour
Explore amazing waterfalls, remote villages and learn how to live in the jungle by putting your new survival skills to the test on this multi-day Borneo trekking tour. On this adventure, guests will start by trekking to one of the most spectacular waterfalls in Sarawak and stay in a beautiful village with an incredibly scenic view.
Scenic boat ride surrounded by the majestic Bengoh Range
Trek to a series of spectacular waterfalls
Back to basics: learn the simple and healthy lifestyle of the Dayak tribe
View the spectacular morning mist from your homestay patio
Wake up to the sound of the jungle
Click the Tabs to Find Out More
Trip Details - 2 Day/1 Night
Adults (12+): MYR 520.00
Children (3-11): MYR 260.00
Hotel/hostel pick up
7 days a week, year-round
2 days, one night
Min 2 adults max 8 adults
Moderate level for a hilly climb. Guests with heart conditions are not recommended to take this tour
- All meals (local village meal)
- Village accommodation (basic facilities)
- Local English speaking community guide
- A good time
- Juices and alcoholic beverages
- Travel insurance
What to Bring
- Medium size soft-sided rucksack with multiple sets of spare casual clothing, including long trousers and shorts for evening
- Wear light comfortable clothes that dry easily
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sandals or pair of flip flops
- Water bottle
- Sleeping bag (if you have them) for more comfort
- Personal care: small towel, toiletries, personal medication, personal first aid kit
- Sunscreen, mosquito repellent, extra tissues or toilet paper
- Torch, raincoat or poncho, plastic bag to keep phone/cameras dry
- Sun hat/cap and sunglasses
- Extra snacks and drinks for the trekking
About Your Guide
Our community guides are from the local villages and more than happy to share their knowledge of local culture, farming and hunting techniques. They will also discuss the remarkable diversity of local fauna and flora so that you will have plenty of information about your journey in this beautiful natural area, and at the same time ensure safety and that you thoroughly enjoy this remote area!
One passionate local English Speaking guide will serve up to a maximum of 8 guests.
What You'll Do - 2 Day/1 Night
After a 45-minute vehicle transfer from your city hotel, we reach Bengoh Dam jetty, situated at a mountain opening of the majestic Bengoh Range. Here you’ll prepare for a scenic 20-minute boat ride across a tranquil lake surrounded by the majestic Bornean mountains. Once disembarked, it’s time for a 30-minute hike to Kampung Kiding with its stunning views of Blue Lake below. We then check into the local homestay and immediately begin our trekking adventure to a stunning waterfall.
Today’s hiking continues for around an hour (a little steep at times) but is well worth the effort as it will bring you to a series of spectacular waterfalls, whose crystal-clear waters are surrounded by deep jungle. Part of the trail includes a crossing of suspension bamboo bridge and we’ll then settle down under one of the waterfalls to soak in a crystal clear waterfall in the middle of the lush rainforest. After a spot of relaxation at the falls, it’s time to learn the art of Dayak cooking and its unique culinary methods. Using bamboo harvested from the jungle, this is a hands-on cooking experience that you all will enjoy.
With bellies suitably full and we’re dried off from swimming, we return to the village passing through pepper farms, where we will see how the spice is harvested and processed. In the evening, you’ll then experience the most memorable village stay with the friendly Bidayuh tribe while you learn traditional culinary skills and craft making of the highlands.
In the morning, wake up early to view the spectacular mist over the scenic lake below from the vantage point of your homestay patio. After breakfast and spending free and easy in the village, we return to Bengoh by boat before transferring (15 minutes) back to civilization.
Good to Know
- Moderate level fitness for a hilly climb. Guests with heart conditions are not recommended to take this experience
- This trip is relatively short, and the route is not strenuous. It is suitable for families with children (3 years and above)
- Add-on side trip: Bidayuh Longhouse RM 60 per pax; Semenggoh orangutan RM 60 per pax (Side trip: lunch not included)
- Back to basics: learn the simple and healthy lifestyle of the Dayaks. Families with kids and toddlers are most welcome.
- We recommend guests bring your own refillable water bottles and avoid using one-off plastic water bottles.
- During our tours, we recycle wherever possible, and try to keep our waste as low as possible. We discourage the use of plastic bags, and suggest that you bring your own dry bag or small waterproof backpack.
- Check out OUR RESPONSIBLE TOURISM COMMITMENT.(opens in a new tab)
- Please do not take pieces of coral or other endangered plant life home as a souvenir.
See What Our Guests Are Saying
You May Also Like...
3-Day Authentic Iban Longhouse & Jungle Discovery
Cross Border Trek to Indonesia & Remote Highland Village Stay